Sunday, August 2, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Harry Potter

harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince

I am late on reviewing this movie, but I felt like it had to be done because I love Harry Potter so much! I have been a fan since the 4th grade. I’ve read all of the books, and I’ve seen all of the movies that have been released a zillion times. I actually went to see HP6 twice. The first time I went was the midnight showing on the opening day, and I went that Saturday as well.

I noticed from the beginning that they had chopped certain parts up, and added certain things. I think the creators of this movie could have done a much better job in showcasing the book. There were certain characters that they did not introduce that should have been, and major events that were cut out. I read HP6 back in 2005, and I am in the process of rereading it now. The more I read, the angrier I get about how much they left out, as well as how much they added. If I had was just a person who watched the movies I would give the movie 5 stars. The actors and actresses were awesome! The effects were on point, and they created the Harry Potter world as anyone could imagine it. Since I have read the book, I would give it a 2/5. They really could have stayed true to the book. I hate that they didn’t because it would have been off the chain!! The movies are really made for the people that don’t read the books, because for some reason I’m always disappointed by the movies. My mom is also a huge Harry Potter fan (she bought all of the books, and I would read them when she wasn’t :P) she thought the movie sucked! 

My favorite scenes the movie where when Katie Bell was cursed, when Harry & Dumbledore went to the cave, and oddly, when Dumbledore died. When Katie Bell rose into the air, it was just like I imagined it when reading. It sent chills down my spine! Now, when Harry & Dumbledore went into that cave I thought that it would be a boring scene, but when Dumbledore set the water on fire I almost jumped out of my seat!! IT WAS OFF THE CHAIN!! Lastly, when Dumbledore died I cried. I can’t even lie. My friends were like “What the hell?” But I don’t care! They did a good job with that scene, even though in the book Dumbledore froze Harry. Ya’ll know Harry doesn’t listen!! He would have murked Malfoy if he wasn’t frozen. Either way, as a true fan, I will be probably go see the movie one more time after I finish reading the book again, and then patiently wait for the DVD to come out.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released in two parts. Part one will be released November 2010, and part two will be released July 2011. They just tryna make more money!

jasmine

No comments: